Tarique's Voice

Tarique's Voice

Friday, June 6, 2014

Oh the day just get's even better, maybe there is a little justice of hope

Oh the day just get's even better. So yesterday my husband and I decided to take a  little stroll through the downtown Perrysburg Farmer's Market. Nice little community event they have during the late spring, summer month's on Thursday from 3-8.  It is a lot of local vender's that come together to sell their produce and flowers or meals that they have produced.  At any rate, as my husband and I was getting out of the car there were a group of older individuals who were standing behind the car and one of the gentleman said BULLIES where are the bullies?  He asked me what Tarique's Voice was all about.  I went on to tell him who we were, how we came about and what Tarique's Voice meant to me and what my hopes and dreams for the organization were.  He went on to ask me if we had support groups for victims or parent's of victims and classes for the Bullies. Sort of how individuals are mandated to go to Domestic Violence classes or Parenting classes. I told him no because we are really on a shoe string and when I say shoe string I mean it budget. Everyone involved is volunteer's and some times it really is just a 1 woman show meaning just me.  My hopes were in the future to get this up and running because I really do believe it is needed. He asked me if we were registered with the state as a Non-Profit. I told him yes we are and he went on to tell me that once we are up and running full force let him know because he could refer a ton of folk this was a much needed services and gave me Kudo's for putting my heart into this.  This made me feel so good because there are times I just feel like I am a fish swimming against the current.  I see individuals starting companies, living their dreams and then there is me who struggles to make what is really needed to work. I feel as if I am David fighting Goliath and at times not getting any where in this never end fight.  This encounter with this group of individuals made me realize it is all worth it.  When I came to work and I see the pictures the kids from group drew for me and the links of knowledge they created after 8 weeks of group, I realize they did take in what I taught them and hopefully that little drop of knowledge is going to make some sort of difference in another life.  One day I will have some big-wig come to me and say "Hey I believe in you and I am going to invest in you" oh just one day that is going to happen but until then me and my shoe-string budget will keep plugging along beating the pavements and trying to make it happen.  Tarique's Voice will be something big I have to believe this.


No comments:

Post a Comment